- SFO Make Countries Future Ready Program ™ , looks forward to supporting all countries worldwide in implementing infrastructure projects of national importance.
- This financing program, provides unique and wide-ranging financial services and solutions to governments around the world.
- SFO has devised a financing program for government that allows BOT and BOO projects to be implemented without burdening the respective country with sovereign debt.
This is a program of financial injection for BOT and BOO projects through Government which does not involve burdening the country with sovereign debt for Rail, Energy Plants, Oil Refineries, Marine Ships, Hotels, Sea Ports, Agriculture, Roads, Housing, etc.
Under this program SFO and its governmental portfolios sign agreements with the respective Government to support the country’s BOT and BOO National Projects, by providing 80% of the financing needs of those National Projects without burdening the Ministry of Finance with sovereign loans.
- In return, the Government announces the projects on a bidding basis by inviting all local companies and international consortia, to bid for the remaining project activities including 20% funding, construction, and project operations, thereby ensuring fairness, equality, and transparency according to the rules, regulations, and laws applicable in the respective country.
- Under the terms of the program, SFO will provide turnkey solutions for infrastructure project construction and funding in the country through all the Country Banks.
- There are no limits to SFO’s ambition. The entire team aspires for the company to be the largest lender in the world during the coming few years. We do not have any direct competitors, because our unique and flexible approach with our customers ensures we always achieve their goals.
- A positive factor in attracting foreign investment to any country is the interest and confidence of foreign investors in the stability of the country’s economy and the prospects for its development.
- In order to create the most favourable investment climate and stimulate the attraction of foreign investment for foreign investors making direct investments, every country has to legally establish a wide system of benefits, preferences and guarantees to protect the rights and interests of foreign investors.
- SFO provides project related services including Management, Consultancy and Funding, particularly for large infrastructure and commercial projects.
- SFO - Make Countries Future Ready Program ™ provides for cooperation in financing large projects, as well as projects in the field of small to medium business and private entrepreneurship.
- Our partner banks provide funding for small to medium sized businesses and to stimulate the country’s economy.
- SFO - Make Countries Future Ready Program ™ has been a catalyst for providing governments with a specifically tailored flexible lending system, during a time when market conditions have been particularly challenging.
- SFO offers a wealth of experience in Banking and Financial transactions and has a range of specialized advisory services for private clients, medium and large corporations as well as governments.
- SFO looks for strategic alliances with several organizations and companies which give access to international markets in Europe, Asia, Africa, Middle East, and GCC regions. This shall give SFO a substantial foundation of clients to build on, in addition to access to the markets that are most in need of the products and services offered by SFO - Make Countries Future Ready Program ™ .
- This program will be devoted exclusively to governments and rated banks, and the private sector will only be allowed to work through them.
- The aim of SFO is to facilitate the commencement and completion of Commercial and Infrastructure projects, stimulate economy, create employment and combat poverty.
Types of Project
- SFO services are suitable for all types of Infrastructure Projects in either Greenfield (Pre Operations Stage) or Brownfield (Operations Stage) including but not limited to Sea Ports, Airports, Railway, Bridges, Roads and Highways, Water and Sanitation Utilities, Energy, Communications, Hospitals, Schools and Social Infrastructure etc. This includes other projects or activities that impact positively on the relevant country’s basic infrastructure including the manufacturing of components used in infrastructure (such as cement and steel) and infrastructure associated with mining and agribusiness.
Size of Project
- Minimum of USD 5 Mn (United States Dollars Five Million) and upwards.
Loan to Value
- Up to 100% of project financing required.
- Up to 15 years for the design, build and finance component and up to 30 years for the ongoing operation component.
- Projects can be either BOOT (Build, Own, Operate, Transfer) BOO (Build Own Operate), BOT (Build Own Transfer), BTO (Build, Transfer, Own), BT (Build Transfer), BLT (Build, Lease, Transfer), BRT (Build, Rent, Transfer) or PPP (Public Private Partnership).
- All countries can be considered, although countries currently engaged in war, politically unstable environments, or sanctioned countries will not be suitable. All projects must adhere to local and international environmental, health, safety and social standards as required.
- Privately held projects, Public & Private Infrastructure Operators, National & Local Governments, NGOs and Financial Institutions.
- Commercial Bank Instruments - Bank Guarantees, Bonds, Medium Term Notes, or other Bank Debt Instruments issued by banks rated ‘BB+’ or better, but this can be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Sovereign Guarantee - SFO is able to facilitate funding for Government and Infrastructure Projects against a Sovereign Guarantee subject to the Sovereign Guarantee being ratified by the relevant authorities and departments, namely the Central Bank and Ministry of Finance in the respective countries. In some cases the Sovereign Guarantee may need to be confirmed by a Commercial Bank.
- Resource Guarantee - The option is available to fund projects against a Resource Guarantee such as an Oil Guarantee or any other significant and valuable minerals or resources that the country has may also be considered.
- Promissory Notes - Corporate Promissory Notes endorsed by a commercial bank can be useful if the project has bankable assets that can be used for leverage financing.