- The first London wine sale of the season features an important private collection of Bordeaux, Burgundy and Italian wines and other superb cellars.The lead collection features an array Bordeaux First Growths, Super Seconds and top Right Bank wines from the outstanding vintages of recent decades. Standout lots include a Jeroboam of Mouton 2000, a case of Lafite 2000, and both Petrus and Lafleur 2005.
- Highlights from Burgundy include La Tâche, Romanée-Conti and Montrachet from DRC in the 2005 vintage. Other sought-after producers include de Vogüé, Hudelot-Noëllat, Marquis d’Angerville and Leflaive, also with a 2005 focus. The Italian selection includes bottles and magnums of Sassicaia and Ornellaia as well as gems from Romano dal Forno.From an immaculate cellar of impeccable provenance comes a stunning range of large format Bordeaux, including double magnums of Lafite and Lafleur from the acclaimed 1982 vintage and Jeroboams of Mouton 1986.
- Grand Cru Burgundy from the 1980s and 1990s includes Chevalier Montrachet 1989 and 1992 from Leflaive. A glittering selection of Champagne features Bollinger Brut Vintage 1975 in Jeroboam, Krug 1988 and 1990 and Salon 1990 in magnum. Parcels of Taylor and Fonseca 1977 will entice Port lovers. From the collection of a connoisseur, Burgundy and Rhône from the 1980s and 1990s features Clos de la Roche 1989 and 1993 from Dujac and Griotte Chambertin 1990 from Domaine des Chézeaux alongside highly desirable cases of Château Rayas 1989.
- An early vintage of Rayas, the 1974, should send paddles aloft. Elsewhere, stellar Bordeaux includes Haut Brion 1989, Cheval Blanc 1998, Petrus 2000 and La Mission 2005. A DRC Assortment case from the 2000 vintage and La Romanée 2002 from Bouchard Père et Fils are singularly spectacular Burgundy lots.Lastly, The Dalmore, The 12 Pointer, Aged 62 Years, from a limited edition of twelve released in 2002, should tempt any whisky aficionado.
- Wines and spirits can inspire a cultish reverence and everyone's palate is different, we chose a few of the premiums from around the globe for the one-percenters.
Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve - $2,200
Suntory Hibiki 30 Year Blend - $2,500
Isabella's Islay - $6.2 million The bottle is covered in diamonds and rubies
Dalmore 64 Trinitas - $164,000
Dalmore 50 Crystal Decanter - $20,000
Yamazaki 50 Year Single Malt - $12,000
Nun's Island Distillery - $140.000
2013 Taste of Diamonds - $2.07 million
2013 Armand de Brignac Rose 30 Litre Midas - $275,000
2011 Armand de Brignac 15 Litre - $90,000
Dom Perignon Rose Gold Methuselah $49,000
1820 Juglar Cuvee $43,500
Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romance-Conti Grand Cru - France $18,052
Egon Muller Scharzhofberger Riesling - Germany $11,600
W&J Graham's Neoublie' Port - Portugal $6,884
Screaming Eagle Sauvignon Blanc - California $3,873